Features / Improvements
- Rails 4.2.x!
- brand new content editing experience. AlohaEditor and TinyMCE were dropped an replaced by Wysihtml with a new system to edit the content and see the changes in live.
- new caching system.
- introduce layouts for pages. If an editor wants to create a page, he/she can choose among layouts defined by the developer of the site.
- site dashboard tracking the activities of all the editors of a site.
- the subject of the notification email sent when a content entry is created in the public site can be modified.
- markdown editor for editable text elements in a page and text fields of a content entry.
- allow defining url 301 redirections per site.
- implement the color custom field for content entries.
- support for MongoDB 3.0.
- manage translations of the back-office via Transifex.
- option to redirect domains to the first main domain.
- new Locomotive Ruby API client lib named Coal.
- developer tab per site describing how to use Wagon and the Restful API for the site.
- protect a whole site by a password.
- the editable_file liquid tag accepts now a resize option for resizing/cropping images.
- the translate liquid tag supports interpolation and pluralization.
- brand new UI/UX
- the back-office UI relies on Bootstrap, the most popular and powerful HTML/CSS framework.
- upgrade to the last versions of the main gems: Rails (4.2.5), Mongoid (5.0.1), Devise, SimpleForm, Carrierwave, ...etc.
- do not rely on subdomains anymore for the multi-sites functionality. Format of the url for the back-office of a site: http://myengine/locomotive/.
- the page rendering engine has been extracted to its own gem: Steam. Both Wagon and Engine uses Steam.
- drop CanCan and replace it by Pundit
- replace HAML by SLIM for the back-office views for performance
You can find most of them here: Github issues
Updated almost 4 years ago