Authentication is a built-in feature which allows to build private access areas within your Locomotive CMS site.
Consider the following scenario: you have built a beautiful site for a law firm and now they're asking for a password-protected area where partners can download fancy Excel/PDF files. You could achieve this with session variables and a members content type. However, this solution presents some issues:
- member passwords would be stored in plain text in the Back Office which is a security problem
- you couldn't help your members to reset their forgotten password by sending instructions by email
Locomotive CMS' Authentication built-in functionality provides the following features:
- sign up / sign in / sign out actions
- email instructions action to reset password (including customisable email template page)
- reset password action
- encrypted password
- authentication views in Liquid
Wagon authentication demo site
We built a simple Wagon site which includes all the features listed above. Click here to see the code source.
Updated 3 months ago